To ensure that you are working with a home healthcare agency that has been proven successful, trustworthy and provides the highest quality care, look for one with CHAP Certification. The Community Health Accreditation Program, or CHAP, is widely recognized as an organization that promotes superior performance among health care institutions all over the world.
CHAP Certification ensures that your medical providers:
- Are validated by an external, third party reviewer
- Has policies and procedures compliant with state and federal regulations and industry standards
- Have access to experts who can educate the agency to achieve better performance
- Perform above the minimum standards
- Are recognized by insurance companies
- Demonstrate dedication to continuous improvement
A home care agency that is CHAP Certified has undergone a rigorous review by the experts at CHAP and have proven over the course of 3 years to prove their competency.
They have completed a thorough application and done a self-study for internal evaluation of operations. After that they are visited on-site by CHAP representatives to ensure they comply with CHAP Standards of Excellence and other regulations. During the following 3 years, they are evaluated by a Review board of professionals before final, full certification.
To find a CHAP Certified Agency near you, use the Certified CHAP Agency Locator on their website.